Thursday, January 3, 2013

How To Overcome Your Fear In Skating

Some of the greatest challenges skaters come across is fear. Fear is an impossible thing to overcome because it messes with your head, it causes skaters to stop skating, and just quit and find something new to do which at times isn't as fun or great as skateboarding was for them.

Fear isn't something you can just get over in a day. For example, with two years of skating i would 360 flip, Inward heel flip off of stairs. Until one day I rolled my ankle. Ever since that day my fear in doing tricks off stairs grew on me and was slowly taking over me. Sooner or later I wasn't as good as I was before. I started skating small obstacles like 3 stairs and little by little I started skating bigger obstacles. I learned that fear is all in your head and what causes you not to attempt something when you are skating is your negative thoughts. When you skate an obstacle don't think about anything at all just think about landing your trick. I learned that the only person that is stopping you from doing what you do is you're self and you should never give up and keep trying it ti'll you become successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment